I attempt to reduce my environmental footprint by reducing, reusing and recycling, as outlined below. I also support organisations such as Pedal Power, MicroLoan Foundation Australia and One Laptop Per Child, either financially or by offering free editing services.
- My website is hosted by Digital Pacific, which is powered by green energy.
- Our home is equipped with a 1.5 kW solar system, which feeds energy back to the grid.
- To keep my food miles low, I buy local produce at the Capital Region Farmers Market and having a permaculture garden where I grow my own produce and keep chickens.
- I turn off computers, printers and other office equipment when not in use.
- I buy tea and coffee that is organic and fairly traded.
- I buy my office consumables from the online eco stores Todae and Neco.
- Where paper has been printed on one side only, I reuse it as scrap paper.
- I buy items such as computer accessories and mobile phones second-hand rather than new.
- All my food waste goes either to the chickens, the worm farm or the compost heap.
- All my paper waste is shredded and then used as mulch in the garden.