Create better documents with Cadman Editing
Professional proofreading and editing servicesCadman Editing Services is a thriving business that provides writing, editing and training services to organisations and individuals. The services I offer include:
- polishing a paper to improve its chances of being accepted by a journal
- editing a report so that it flows well, and its findings are clear and accessible
- helping authors to create documents that are appropriate for the
intended audience (whether that audience be fellow scientists, grant committees, the general public or school children)
- developing and delivering training courses in editing, Endnote and ways to work more efficiently in MS Word, for groups or individuals.
“Hilary did a great job, paying equal attention to the detail and to the big picture. She was very flexible with us, which was very helpful as there were multiple authors of the documents that needed to be consulted in every round of questions/comments.”Matias, World Health OrganizationMembership and accreditation:
I offer training (either face-to-face or via webinars) on how to work more effectively in Word using styles, templates and add-ins (e.g. Perfectit, Editor’s Toolkit, ReferenceChecker and PhraseExpress), and working with Endnote.
I am a highly experienced technical editor, proof reader and trainer, with a PhD in biochemistry and a Masters in science communication. I have worked internationally as a scientist, university lecturer, technical editor and trainer.
Latest blog posts
I’m a scientist who became a technical editor about 15 years ago. In mid-2009, I decided to go freelance . Through my blog I share my experiences of the latest software, industry trends and the challenges of running a small business.
Making the most of the QATMay 10, 2017
A clearer view in MS WordJanuary 31, 2017
Online training course goes live!August 25, 2016
Sharing the love of MS Word!April 22, 2016
Using my scientific background and my skills in creating clear prose, I deliver high-quality documents to a wide range of clients. Projects I am currently working on include:
- a set of six clinical practice guidelines on patient blood management
- academic papers on a range of topics, including biochemistry, ethics, governance, law, tourism and microbiology
- guidelines and reports for the World Health Organization
- volunteering with AuthorAid (assisting scientists in developing countries to prepare papers for publication)
- helping a client to make his research on governance accessible to a wider audience
- delivering training courses to a range of clients.